Intro to cryptocurrencies, Verification, Risk, Reporting and Compliance
Three, 1 hour sessions presented by Robert Whitaker, COO of Blockchain Intelligence Group and formerly, Supervisory Special Agent of US Homeland Security – Illicit Finance and Proceeds of Crime Unit.
Sorry, You missed it.
We will cover:
- The Basics (virtual and cryptocurrency – How it works.)
- Third party payments (using virtual and cryptocurrency)
- Investment fund area with initial coin offering
- Accepting a company which will hold cryptocurrency (Trust & Corporate Service Provider question)
- Verification process of who holds the actual currency
- Types of risks associated with blockchain/ cryptocurrency
- Blockchain/ cryptocurrency and SARs. How can a compliance professional/MLRO know if something is suspicious?
- Blockchain/ cryptocurrency and Risk-based Approach: Is blockchain and cryptocurrency a high risk product? Should all cypto-transactions be treated the same and have the same inherent risk? What factors should be considered if a risk-based approach is applied to clients and entities involved with cryptocurrency?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using blockchain/ cryptocurrency
- Future projection of blockchain/ cryptocurrency
- A look at its development from inception to present
- Blockchain/ cryptocurrency trends
Advance your career
If you are a Regulator, in Compliance, MLRO, Accountant, Legal Professional and or a Trust & Corporate Service provider, this course will offer valuable information to you and your company.
3 sessions * 1 hour each
80% on the Final Exam is needed in order to receive your certification. The Final Exam will be made available until Feb 28 and can be taken as many times as needed.
There are 3 webinar’s plus as a bonus webinar, where we will be offering an extra 30 – 45 min session on investigative techniques using state of the art analytics tools.
The webinars will be recorded and made available within 1 – 2 hours after each scheduled webinar has taken place, allowing you to watch it/them on your own schedule.
Jan 12 – Jan 15, 2021
Register for $149
If you are not able to attend any or all of the presentation times, the recordings will be available for you to watch on your own.
Meet Your Instructor
Chief Operating Officer, CCI